Tidbits on Yang Se Jong
- He lived in the US between grade 3 to 5, and returned to South Korea after.
- He started on Taekwondo in second year of junior high.
- He wasn’t interested in acting until he saw a play named ‘Snow Drops’ during junior high school.
- During high school years, being in an all boy school, he spent his time running to & fro Taekwondo and bookstores. He loved reading so much that the owner gave him a part-time job. He worked at the bookstore for 2 years.
- He turned down a scholarship from Samsung Foundation where he could have attended a Sports University.
- Although he likes dogs, but is allergic to animals’ furs. If there’s a fur on his face, he will have difficulty in breathing after 30 minutes. He will also develop allergic symptoms if he is near anyone who has pets. To prevent this, he has to take medicines (source).
- He enjoys solitude and likes to take a stroll at dawn.
- He loves wine and collects perfumes.
- He is the only child in the family.
- His role model is American actor, Bradley Cooper.
- He prefers people to remember him by his character names, and is uncomfortable playing with social media. He has an official instagram account, but is managed by his agency.
- He does not like being called Monster Rookie and also does not think he is one.
- He’s taken leave of absence from university with 2 semesters left.
- He uses perfumes to help him get into his character.
- He would like to travel to Italy & Spain because they are famous for their red wines. He’d like to drink from the oak barrels that held those wines.